We know about lots of relationships in the Bible and Book of Mormon, but we don’t know much about how they got started. Here are a list of pick-up lines that were probably in the scriptures but got cut out somewhere along the way:
- Eve to Adam: I’d only marry you if we were the only two people on earth.
- Lehi to Sariah: I may be a visionary man, but you’re the best thing I’ve ever seen.
- Laman and Lemuel to the daughters of Ishmael: Do you like
Piña Coladas, or tying my brother up in the rain?
- Nephi to the daughters of Ishmael: My brothers have described me as “electric.”
- Zoram to the daughters of Ishmael: I’m not part of this family.
- Amalickiah to the wife of the king of the Lamanites: I definitely didn’t kill your husband.
- Samson to Delilah: It’s my hair, isn’t it?
- King Lamoni to his future wife: I smell super good. Like, I could be dead for like three days and still smell like roses.
Hope you got some inspiration for Valentine’s Day. I’m not sure how any of these pick-up lines actually worked, but we’ll probably never know. Happy Valentine’s Day!